January 26, 2017

MATCHA PANCAKES

Matcha Pancakes are always on my mind for a while. I happened to have culinary-grade matcha in my pantry, so I decided to give it a try. What is matcha, you may wonder? Matcha is green tea powder, and today it is now more popular all over the world.  It tastes a combination of slightly sweet and slightly bitter, so it now becomes my favorite of all times because it comes with great benefits! As soon as I rolled out of bed in the early morning, I danced into the kitchen and made delicious matcha pancakes. 




I adapted this recipe from cleaneatingmag.com. 

INGREDIENTS
PANCAKES: serves 8
  • one cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup almond milk
  • 2 tsp culinary-grade matcha powder
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • ½ tsp baking soda
  • ¼ tsp sea salt
  • 2 tbsp melted coconut oil and add more for cooking. 

INSTRUCTIONS

1. To make pancakes, blend all the ingredients in a medium bowl and happily whisk until they look smooth. Two tbsp water if needed. 



2. Adding a bit oil to nonstick skillet and turn a medium heat on. Use 1/4 cup for each pancake and cook for up to two minutes, until lightly brown. 







3. Serve with maple syrup or whipped cream. 


I learned that culinary-grade matcha suits for baked goods, lattes and smoothies because of its strong flavor. But a little bit sour. And I really liked it. My fiance nodded at these hot cakes! And he asked me to make them in the near future. Maybe next week :D 



No comments:

Post a Comment